Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wish Me Well

Thirty years of smoking and today as I write this I am officially 14 hours and counting since my last cigarette. The choice to quit came about in part because the hospital corporation I work for is becoming a non-smoking campus in a month. That was a great motivator for me. The resolve behind the choice came from my realization that I wanted to be around (and without dragging an oxygen tank behind me) to spend my "golden" years with the man I love.

Each day I stay the course is a day better spent. Wish me well.

One more thing... I have wanted a job in our ICU unit for quite a while now and officially got it yesterday. I feel like my little world has suddenly taken a wonderful turn for the best.

Share your posts here!


posted by Is It Just Me? at 2:49 PM