Monday, June 06, 2005

Tribute To An Outstanding CEO

It's not the biggest award in the world. It surely isn't one my boss will ever see or be able to take home. But, this is truly a heartfelt effort on my part.

Last night at work, I learned our beloved (and yes he was beloved by all the staff) CEO is leaving our facility to move to another city, work for another company, and establish for them the legacy he has left for us. Ken is the epitome of a good and caring person.

The entire time my son was in Iraq he would go out of his way to "find" me on our unit and ask "had I heard from him", "was he doing OK", "are you doing OK at home", and so forth. Now mind you this boss of mine was the CEO. He had a lot of employees (no, we weren't the size of a small city), but we were staffed with enough personnel that keeping everyone's name straight should have been a chore for him, let alone our personal situations. Ken didn't stop there. He would visit our patients and LISTEN to them, something we as the nursing staff were often too busy to do.

I won't be able to tell him goodbye myself, due to my work schedule. But, to you Ken, I wish you all the best, and I want to say that you were THE BEST BOSS I have ever had. His new employees are getting a true gem. He will be truly missed.

posted by Is It Just Me? at 3:00 PM