Friday, April 08, 2005

Three Dog Night - A Trip to the Past



This is a birthday present from my oldest son. I have never asked for a thing from my kids for birthdays, etc. - but this year was different. I am going to take a trip back to my past and visit some memories from my teenage years, thanks to my son. I never got the chance to see Three Dog Night in concert. Now over 30 plus years later and having fondly worn out the old LP records I had collected from my babysitting money (I changed many a dirty diaper and wiped up many a baby burp'em to accomplish that) I am going to indulge in a childhood dream.

OK, it may not be quite the same dream I had as a youth. We are all showing signs of wear and tear, wrinkles and gray hair - but it can't be any sweeter than this. We can appreciate we are still here and loving it.

Of the original members, Cory Wells and Danny Hutton on lead vocals, as well as original keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon and guitarist Michael Allsup are still with the group. Paul Kingery (bass and vocals) and Pat Bautz (drums) complete the lineup.

Three Dog Night's 21 Top 40 Hits:
Mama Told Me (Not To Come) #1
Joy to The World #1
Black And White #1
Shambala #3
Easy To Be Hard #4
An Old Fashioned Love Song #4
The Show Must Go On #4
One (is the Loneliest Number) #5
Never Been To Spain #5
Liar #7
Eli’s Coming #10
The Family Of Man #12
Celebrate #15
Out In The Country #15
Sure As I’m Sittin’ Here #16
Let Me Serenade You #17
One Man Band #19
Pieces Of April #19
Try A Little Tenderness #29
Til The World Ends #32
Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) #33

I may have "Never Been to Spain", but Three Dog Night and I will be in Oklahoma tonight - no bell bottoms nor love beads required to attend.

posted by Is It Just Me? at 6:16 AM