Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Smokeless Sensations

It's been a week now since I had my last cigarette. I think I am doing pretty well. I am using the Commit lozenges to help.

I've noticed though that I am not sleeping well, but I can't say if that is due to not smoking or if it is because I have switched to working the night shift. I have been having strange dreams that make it hard to go back to sleep. Maybe I am just having a spell of insomnia. I have the weird sensation of a pulling feeling in the center of my chest at times. Like I've got a lungful of smoke and can't get it out. I don't feel short of breath when this happens. Usually a few deep breaths and I am over "it", whatever "it" is. I also find myself "nervous" at times - not really irritable, but anxious to do something other than what I find myself doing at the time. Talking on the phone has almost become painful for me, I guess because of my reduced attention span.

As I struggle, keep me in your thoughts.

Share your posts here!


posted by Is It Just Me? at 3:29 PM